Dr. V. R. Kiresur, grievances Redressal officer, ICAR-NAHEP-IDP-UAS Dharwad was the chief guest and resource person. Entire workshop was conducted in 4 sessions’ viz., Teaching/ Scientist faculty, Non-Teaching/ Technical Staff, Farm Labours and Students. Dr. S.B. Kalaghatagi, Assoc. Director of research, RARS, Vijayapur & Nodal Officer, ICAR-NAHEP-IDP-UASD graced the occasion and Dr. S. M. Mundinamani, Dean (Agri), AC Vijayapur presided over. Dr. M. D. Patil, Nodal Officer, ICAR-NAHEP-IDP-UASD, acted as convenor and moderated the programme. The programme began with a welcome & an overview of the programme by Dr. M. D. Patil.
1st session: Teaching/Scientist faculty
Important points of discussion:
- Shortage of faculty which in turn reflects into the increased workload on individual staff
- Shortage of supporting staff
- Transfer Policy
- Implementation of new TA/DA regulations as per Govt. gazette notification
- Seventh Pay commission arrears related issues
- Higher qualification increments for those who have joined university after 2016
2nd Session: Technical/Non-teaching staff
Major points discussed:
- Suggestions for shuffling of technical staff between departments/schemes/offices
- Acute scarcity of technical staff
- Consideration of senior technical staff for the posts like Asst Comptroller, Assistant Registrar etc
- Some concerns on New Pension Scheme
3rd Session: Farm labour /Non-technical staff:
- Several farm labours expressed their willingness to work in the offices especially aged ones, as it is difficult for them to cope up with the works in fields.
- Concerns and issues related to Pension Scheme
4th Session: Students
Major issues brought up by the students:
- Issues related to hostel
- Arrangement of stand by vehicle for use in medical emergency for the hostel students
- Accommodation facility for visiting parents of girl students
At the end Dr. M. D. Patil, convenor and Nodal Officer, ICAR-NAHEP-IDP-UASD, AC Vijayapur appealed vote of thanks.