Dr. Shamarao Jahagirdar
Professor of Plant Pathology & National PI (Soybean Pathology) and Technical Officer to DoE,
Department of Plant Pathology,College of Agriculture, UAS Dharwad.
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad: B.Sc (Agri.) (1988-1992; University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore(Gold Medal for Highest Merit)
- M.Sc (Agri.) (1992-1994); University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore(Prof.M J Narasimhan Award from IPS,New Delhi)
- Ph.D (1994-1998); National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, South Korea, Post Doc (2010)
- National PI(Pathology), AICRP on Soybean, UAS, Dharwad (1.1.2016 to till date)
- Professor (Plant Pathology),UAS, Dharwad (8.5.2017 to till date)
- Professor (Plant Pathology), UAS, Dharwad (22.8.2012 to 7.5.2017)
- Associate Professor, AICRP on Tobacco, Agril. Research Station, Nipani (18.10.2008 to 21.8.2012)
- Associate Professor, AICRP on Soybean, UAS, Dharwad (18.10.2008 to 21.8.2012)
- Assistant Professor, AICRP on Tobacco Agril. Research Station, Nipani (9-5-2005 to 21-8-2006)
- Assistant Professor, AICRP on Sorghum & Additional charge of Pathologist, RARS, Bijapur UAS, Dharwad (22-8-2001 to 8-5-2005)
- Assistant Professor, AICRP on Sorghum,& Additional charge of Pathologist, RARS, Bijapur, UAS, Dharwad (22-8-1997 to 21-8-2001)
Awards & Recognitions
- Korean Government Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research on ISR in Plant Disease Management at National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Suwon, South Korea (2010). MASHV Fellowship for higher training on New R &D Concepts in IPM of field crops by Govt.of Israel, Israel (2005). Nuffic Fellowship for higher training on Integrated Pest Management and Food safety held at Center for Development and Innovation, Wageningen UR, Netherlands (2011). Fellow of International Benevolent Research Forum, Nagpur in 2006. Fellow of Indian Phytopathological Society, New Delhi-2009 in International Conference on Plant Pathology organized by IPS, New Delhi. Fellow of Association for the Advancement of Bio-diversity Science (FABSc), Karnataka University, Dharwad. Prof. J F Dastur Memorial Lecture National Award-2017 by Indian Phytopathological Society, New Delhi. Sir C V Raman Young Scientist State Award-2013, Prestigious State Award by Govt. of Karnataka, KSCST, Bengaluru.
IDP Related Experiences
- Twenty years of experience in Teaching Under Graduate/ Post Graduate courses. Prepared five laboratory manuals on 1. Principles of Integrated Disease Management 2.Diseases of Crops and their management-I 3.Diseases of Crops and their Management 4. Chemicals in Plant Disease Management. External Examiner for Post Graduate Students Viva Voice in various Farm Universities. Member, Board of Agvisory, Agrochemicals Dept., Shivaji University, Kolhapur. Member, National Level Varietal Identification Committee, IISR, Indore. Scrutinizer for UG/PG grade verification. External Examiner for UG examinations of other universities. Examination Co-ordinator, UG examinations, UAS, Dharwad. Attended Several National and international symposia and seminars related agricultural education and development.
- As a Developer involved in development & release of DSb 21,DSb 23 and DSb 28 as a highly rust resistant and high yielding varieties of soybean first of its kind in India for Southern zone 9karnataka,Maharatsra,Andhra Pradesh, Tamil nadu & Kerala). As a Developer involved in development & release of DSb 19 a high yielding and rust tolerant variety of soybean for northern eastern zone of India involving six states (Manipur, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Jharkhand). Associated with identification/development & release of 13 varieties: Cowpea-DSC 1-47 & DC 15, Urdbean-DBG-5, Mungbean-DGG-2 ,Soybean-JS 93 05 ,Chickpea JAKI 9218, Subabul variety: K-740 (Leucaena collensi L.), Bajra: ICMV 221 – As field tolerant variety against rust and smut of Bajra, Fodder Bajra: APBN-1: As field tolerant variety against rust and smut of fodder bajra, Sunflower: NSP 92-1(E) for rabi tract., Horse gram: GPM 6: resistant to YVMV disease, Bidi Tobacco: NBD-43 &NBD 229 , tolerant to frog eye leaf spot and brown leaf spot diseases respectively for the state of Karnataka. Completed 14 major externally funded projects worth of Rs. 525 lakhs. Guided 11 M Sc students in Plant Pathology and Biotechnology and 1 Ph.D student.
Up Coming Events
Details will be updated shortly